Sovereign Laboratories Quality
Dedicated to Helping You and Your Patients Achieve Health & Well-being.
Sovereign Laboratories™ Guarantees the Highest Quality Colostrum
The quality and effectiveness of colostrum depends on three factors – the colostrum source, the testing / verification of active components, and the Liposomal Delivery (LD). PRO Colostrum-LD® is designed specifically for health professionals with effectiveness, quality, and performance for patients in mind.
Colostrum-LD® Sourcing & Processing
- Raw colostrum is procured from pasture-raised Grade A dairy cows that are certified to be healthy, not supplemented with synthetic growth hormone (rBST*) and not routinely administered antibiotics.
- All raw colostrum supplied to Sovereign Laboratories is tested to confirm that it is from the first milking, contains minimum bioactive nutrient levels, and is free of antibiotic residues, synthetic hormones and heavy metals.
- Sovereign Laboratories accepts colostrum from the first milking after the calf’s needs are met. This first-milking colostrum contains peak quantities of growth factors, low molecular weight polypeptides, lactoferrin, immunoglobulins and other active immune components. Approximately 18 liters of first-milking colostrum is collected, and the calf gets about 4 liters. Sovereign Laboratories harvests the remaining 14 liters.
- The majority of the dairies supplying colostrum to Sovereign Laboratories are located across the United States with most located in the Southwest where the temperate climate allows for year-round calving.
- Colostrum-LD® is flash pasteurized according to the to the most demanding of International Standards - 161°F for 15 seconds - to ensure the highest microbiological quality. This is significant because much of the colostrum currently being sold to the public has either (1) been prepared for the animal feed market and has not been pasteurized or (2) has been vat pasteurized which destroys the majority of the bioactive components.
* rBST (bovine somatotropin) - a growth hormone used to increase milk production in dairy cattle.
Testing & Verification of Active Components
- End products are tested and certified not to contain Coliform bacteria, E. coli, Salmonella spp., Listeria spp., Staphylococcus aureus, Shigella spp., Bacillus cereus, Enterobacteriaceae spp., as well as yeast and mold.
- Additionally, Colostrum-LD® product lines are Kosher certified.
LD Liposomal Delivery™
Sovereign Laboratories proprietary phospholipid delivery system––Liposomal Delivery, or (LD) for short––is a hydrophilic/hydrophobic bilayer membrane that forms a continuous barrier around the colostrum. Without LD, processed colostrum loses most of its effectiveness. With liposomal delivery:
- Colostrum does not oxidize in storage.
- Colostrum components are delivered through the bowel wall into the blood stream to reach all organs and cells wherever needed.